This is just photo shots that I take that do not pertain to motorcycle riding.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Young Owl

My dog was barking in an unusual way so when I investigated I found this little Owl. I am grateful I put the gloves on as he grabbed the gloves with beak and talons to the point I almost could not shed the gloves with him/her on it. He/she stayed with us for a few hours then flew off after I put it in the woods. Then he/she came back the next day and landed on my deck within a few feet of me and a buddy and watched TV for a few minutes. Not sure if it was the same one or a kin stopping by to say thanks.

As an FYI these are welding gloves that I use for the grill moving hot coals. Do not ever pick up a bird such as this or larger with just plane gloves. These are so thick I can hold burning wood or coals for several seconds to minutes without even knowing I have it in my hands. I have heard of birds like hawks and such ripping skin apart like it was butter. .

We often have these Owls in my yard and they have got quite used to us. Valerie took the photo.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me