This is just photo shots that I take that do not pertain to motorcycle riding.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Peacock in Back Yard - August 7 2011

I let my dog out this morning while I was sitting in the rocker and I heard her barking in one of her "gee I found a snake or other unknown creature bark". As I went over to investigate she kept backing up very unsure of herself so I gave what ever it was a wide berth as I rounded the barn. And sure enough was a fairly large male peacock. Once he saw me he flew to the top of our mini barn.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I put Rickie (the dog) in the house so the bird flew back to the ground. Since he spent a lot of time in my back yard I then let the dog out again. When Rickie approached him the kind of walked around a small tree kind of like a dance. Unfortunately with the vegetation I have in my back yard getting a picture was not easy of the both of them.

Photobucket

After a short time he had enough of Rickie and went back up to the barn roof.

Photobucket

Photobucket

He spent quite a bit of time up there eating the leaves off the trees hitting the roof.

Photobucket

The squires did not think much of him being in the area. They the squires will play with my dogs but when it comes to large birds they get nervous. This guy here came by to try to get some food. But his tail was doing that warning flip and the rest of the squires were barking.


Photobucket

Photobucket

After awhile he flew back down to the ground and started walking around and getting quite unafraid, I was within 4 feet of him at one point, but then the dang cat from down the street came along and so long peacock. He flew off and so far I have not seen him since. But tomorrow is another day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me