This is just photo shots that I take that do not pertain to motorcycle riding.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Daytona 500 Our House Feb 24 2013

Chuck and Bettysue great friends of ours have been throwing a Daytona 500 bash for the last 10 years in memory of Gary Gillespie.  This year we thought we would give them a break and have their party at our house.  So of course the festivities as normal went well with a lot of fun. 

I do want to say that I am very Happy to hear that the fans hurt in the race yesterday look like they will make it and we are praying for their speedy recovery. 

Here is the little banner we put up.  Oh the bike in the pic is my old Kawa 1500 I sold to Philip some time back.  She really brings back good memories.


A couple of shots of the decorations in the back yard.



Tina, Ricki, and Lucy.  Great pic...  Shot by Val..


Next shot in the house with Bettysue, Terry, and Barb.


Bob, Jim, and Georga.


Sherry, Jean, and Ken. 


Phillip, Star, and my backside. 


Chuck (the originator) and Star (a friend of ours from the hood).



Judy and Diana Gillespie. 



Daniel (Phillips nephew), Phillip, and Chuck


It was very gusty today so the flag banner kept pulling over what I set up to support it.  I ended up putting a big rock on top of the holder I am messing with and when the party end it ended up getting blown over anyway.  Too top heavy..




And here is Payton, Micheal's and Brian's boy.  Cool kid.


Tina and Georga.


I promised Payton when I was done cooking that I would start up the train, so its train time.








We run a pool every year, you put some cash in the pot, grab a car that Chuckie put a number on the bottom and that is your driver.  Depending on how he finishes it pay those who come in 1st through 4th place depending on the possition of the driver at the end of the race.  If cars not picked come in, in front of your driver then depending on the order of cars picked depends on the 1st through 4th. 

This year we also had a pool for what lap would Danica wreck in, but if she did not wreck you also chose the possition she would come in.  I won that one.  That is the only reason why I am in the pictures. 





Here is Chuck, he runs the pools and the party.


Left to right, Jean, Diana, Michael, of course Payton.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me