This is just photo shots that I take that do not pertain to motorcycle riding.

Friday, April 19, 2013

Work on the lower 40 of the train yard

I did not get much time in today but what I got done I am happy with.  I recieved a new farm house early this week so I did get that placed and I finished the parking lot for the train depot that I was working on last week.  Started placing the barrier rocks. 


The band stuck a cord. 


Aerial shots. 



A representation of my cousin Duane.   Wondering how did I get in to this mess and how am I going to get out of it.  Or is he doing what we called a prop check. 



As I mentioned above I got a new farm house and since my Aunt Josie was the only one who said she liked BuckWills Ville this one is for her.  She also got elected as Mayor, now she needs to clean up the hobo's living in town, but that might come later.  Anyway here is a few shots of the new farm house.  Oh and everyone lives close to the tracks so ya just got to deal with it.  LOL  (For you G Gauge'ers she and hers will see the link via FB).   Oh and I know it does not match the color of your house but the blue one is sold out everywhere. 



Had to do some minor road work so aunt Josie could get in, as I did not get much time on the rail yard today.


Tomorrow, Saturday I should get some time in, so I brought the crew over to start on the major road work I need to do for Aunt Josie.  As you see her Tahoe barely fits under the track.  I want to either lay down some granite which I need to get or try a mixture of pebble stone and Polysand a polymeric Jointing Sand.  For my G Gauge friends what do you think?  It is an expensive solution to track stabilization but I thought I would try it on this application and if it does what I expect and maybe use it when I start track permanence program next year.  It starts off as a sand and when you add a fine mist of water it turns to a hard rubber compound.  I used for the joints between my flagstone walk area around the water fountain.  So far I am impressed with it, just not sure if it will work for rail and if the ROI is worth the $$$$.  I should have some pics tomorrow unless one of you steps up and says heck no don't do it.  But I will try it on the small part of road I need to add here and upload pics in tomorrows update. 


Anyway started getting the heavy equipment in and the folks working on the road while I sleep tonight.  :)







They got the Depot parking lot done and layed out the rocks. 



Since this road also leads right up the Susan and David's front door they put up a gate of sorts.


Aerial shot time and the train depot is back to normal productivity.



And now, not to leave anyone out this is for the Whovians. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me