This is just photo shots that I take that do not pertain to motorcycle riding.

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Initial Samsung Galaxy wifi Camera Review

I am on my first full day of owner ship.  The shots I took last night were very clear and very except-able for a large pocket size camera.  The wifi options work very well and on my 4g 5Gig AT&T wireless hotspot is very fast.  I have already posted yesterday's shots on Facebook so I will not re-post them here. 

The first shot is of a dragon fly in very bad lighting.  He was in the shade and I was shooting from partial sun on high zoom.  I think under such poor conditions the shot came out quite well.


I have two older fairly pricey, ($500-$800 - at the time of purchase several years ago) SLR's that have yet been able to take good shots of my gold fish.  This Samsung is the first to be able to get a shot of this clarity.  Major plus for the camera so far. 



This shot of Latha (our outdoor pet spider) was done using the Macro mode which does not allow you to use any zoom.  So I was within  about 2-3 inches of her.  I was surprised she took it so well, I guess she is getting use to me and my camera's.  This shot gets good rating from me as well. 


The next shots were as follows, the first one was set to landscape mode which is supposed to make greens deeper and the sky deeper blue.  I can barely tell the difference so I doubt I will use that option often unless where it might be more open.  The second shot below this next one was shot using the normal auto mode.  



The next three shots are using 3 different modes.  This one is set on normal auto.


This one was shot using Sunset mode.  It does bring out the reds more.  I shot this at about high noon.  


This one was shot using Dawn mode, while it was shot at high noon it does look like earlier in the AM.  


The next 3 shots are shot with using the full 21X zoom.  Most of the time it becomes difficult to hold the camera still while shooting at the full zoom.  On both of my digital SLR camera's, after a certain point it goes to analog versus digital and it become extremely difficult to get clear shots with out a tripod.  While the 21X full zoom on this camera is far from my total capability on my SLR's I was quite impressed.  This shot is about 150-200 feet from where I was standing and the clarity is quite good I think. 


This one is about 25ft closer making it between 100-150 feet from where I was standing.  I am still very impressed.  


 This was 50 feet from where I was standing and this bird would not sit still so I was moving as I shot so I was very impressed with this shot.  It was the first and only shot I took.












So I love the camera so far, as even a rookie such as myself can take decent shots.  I like the size while it is large for what I would call a pocket camera.  Without the case it does fit in my back pocket, and the case has not yet arrived so I am not sure how that will impact it's ability to fit in a pocket. 

I purchased it online from Samsung directly so you may find a better deal but I got it for $449 which included a 2 year extended cover everything warranty, a case that has yet to arrived, a 32 gig mini SD type of card that will not fit in most laptops (it won't fit in any that I have - so I need to use either file sharing on my network or the USB to camera cord to get shots to my PC), and a extra battery and charging unit.  This was one of those "this week" only kind of deals so I am not sure if the price can be beat with all of the options that were included free, including S&H.  I am extremely pleased so far and the size allows for a very easy to use touch screen.  If you have any other questions just ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me