This is just photo shots that I take that do not pertain to motorcycle riding.

Monday, March 11, 2013

Lot's of stuff done, little to show March 11 2013

While I spent about 8 hours on the train yard today, most of what I did cannot even be seen. 

Here is a shot of the control station, I plan to bury or better hide the cords, but waiting on the new track to get track #3 installed and 1 and 2 expanded first. 


I did do some track tightening even knowing it is all going to shift some.  Most the track is not well stationed yet.



As a pilot project test I cut up some indoor/outdoor carpet and put it in the pond.  It does not go all the way to the bottom.  I cannot wait until it is warm enough to get in the water as it sure will be easier to work with the pumps and decorations.


I have three pumps running water to the little pile of rocks here for about a 1580 GPH flow.  I added a larger pump yesterday as the flow was still too slow.  After some investigation, I found the 330 GPH pump was not putting much out at all.  So I figured I would re-tool it for a fish nearer to the source.  Well when I went to change out the line width I got a face full of 1/2 inch stream of water.  It turned out to be the control valve which I removed with the pump still running to reduce line width.  Bad idea.  LOL. 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me