This is just photo shots that I take that do not pertain to motorcycle riding.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Some Red Neck Wiring Changs Mar 12 2013

I am on vacation this week and I wanted to while home work on the track layouts, but no instead I get an electrical problem last night that I had to isolate and fix this morning.   It turned out to be a faulty wire I layed many years (over 15) ago.  So since with all things decay and other factors have taught me to make nothing hard or apparently permant.  So I ran a simple extension cord, easy to replace and trouble shoot.  Thought I would give you all some laughs at my redneck wiring.  Oh, I a partly blame Dave from Mylargescale web site as he pointed out that I should not have my power sources in the grass and I concurred with his observation.  He put the magic hex on me.  LOL just kidding Dave!  I went on to say how I had 4 20 AMP circuits in my back yard and one was protect by GFI, blah blah blah.  And sure enough just a short time after repling to him out goes one of the non GFI breakers.  I have now added GFI to that because while it does not power any of the ponds it does power some outside and shed lights. 

But most importantly it does power my little friderator and TV stuff on the deck so I took his advice and put GFI on this ciruit.  Fidge under TV... 

 
The blue tubing is the old line to the barn.  Oh and after I put this picture on my computer I noticed the flag, it has since been picked up and cleaned.  We had a strong blow here a couple days ago so it got knocked down off of its normal place. 

Inside the barn. 


The organge cord feeds the outside plugs. 

This feeds the two sheds and some outdoor LED's.


Which inturn feeds more stuff.  LOL


Well all done, with new GFI outlet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me